Joy Joy's Reviews > Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: 5-stars, 2012
Read from January 15 to 20, 2012

Cath Crowley, you're so one in a million! Yes, you are baby! Graffiti Moon it's one of the bests I ever had!

It is rare to find a brilliant book that touches the core of its reader's beliefs about family, happiness, and dreams. It is like an innocent softbound book with hardbound pages. It is simple but deep, short but lyrical, and a cliche but full of unique passion. It is a story with morals. It has humor that lightens the progress of reading. It has a mellow tone that slowly caresses ones artistic imagination. It addresses family issues from different views (the children's, the parents', and surprisingly the children's best friends).

The characters are an avalanche of different personalities and pairing up. Ed and Lucy. Leo and Jazz. And, Dylan and Daisy. Their differences create a graffiti of magic. I love how Leo and Lucy were given a second chance to meet again. And, I am definitely thrilled as to how it ended.

I admire the brilliant flow of the alternating point of views of Lucy, Ed, and Leo. I like how certain things are explained through reminiscing and flash back conversations. I love Lucy's honesty and directness. I can feel Ed's longing, passion, and surrender. And, I admire Leo's poems. They are certainly three artistic teenagers.

Miss Crowley smith this novel marvelously. Her words truly leave deep impacts on her readers heart and soul. Here are few of my favorite quotes from the book:

"When wanting collides with getting, that's the moment of truth. I want to collide.”

“There was no skin on my voice and she heard the bones in my words.”

“I guess love's kind of like a marshmallow in a microwave on high. After it explodes it's still a marshmallow. but, you know, now it's a complicated marshmallow.”

“Open skies painted above painted doorways and painted birds skimming across bricks trying to fly away. Little bird, what are you thinking? You come from a can.”

One important thing that I really appreciate that I learned from this novel is that we are all graffiti artists of own dreams and aspirations. Come on, we CAN create out dreams and realize them through dedication and determination-our own cans of paint!

Cheers!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graffiti Moon.

Quotes Joy Liked

Cath Crowley
“There was no skin on my voice and she heard the bones in my words.”
Cath Crowley, Graffiti Moon

Cath Crowley
“When wanting collides with getting, that's the moment of truth. I want to collide.”
Cath Crowley, Graffiti Moon