Sandy's Reviews > The Street Lawyer

The Street Lawyer by John Grisham

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fiction
Read from January 13 to 15, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

WOW! I loved this book!! But for more reasons than the story itself. Published in 1998, before the current financial collapse, Grisham based this story around the homeless. If the homeless population was bad then, I can only imagine what it is presently. People in general look at the homeless as lazy and uneducated not worthy of their time or money. Nothing could be farther than the truth. The government talks a good talk but spends more money fighting the issue rather than helping.

I loved Michael Brock - what a great man he turned out to be. And we need more Hectors and Megans. And, as Grisham wrote in his Author's Notes, thank you to all the Mordecai's out there.

This is a great book to read if you ever wondered how people became homeless. What an eye opener. The story kept me enthralled. I didn't want to put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Street Lawyer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Thanks for reminding me of how much I love Grisham's books. Just finished reading this excellent book...and Mordecai's character was amazing!

Sandy Yes! I'm thinking this is one of my favorites of Grisham's. I'm reading 'The King of Torts' now. Have you read Vince Flynn? He's excellent too.