Sapphyria 's Reviews > Seduction Creek

Seduction Creek by Avery Flynn

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: reading-romances-challenge
Read on January 16, 2012

Another Masterpiece! This is the 2nd book in Avery Flynn's Dry Creek series. This one is about Claire Layton's oldest brother, Hank - the hot sheriff of Dry Creek and Claire's best friend, Beth Martinez.

Hank and Beth have a history, well....of course they have a history. One that spans a couple of decades considering Beth is Hank's sister's best friend. There is unspoken passion between them that Beth denies on the outside but has her all hot and bothered on the inside....But Beth has a secret that will squash any future plans that involve Hank. Hank, on the other hand, has wanted Beth for a long time and will stop at nothing to claim her.

Someone is scooping up all of the land surrounding Beth's family property; someone with a less than honest motive. The talks of a new casino in town have everyone being strong-armed into selling out but Beth won't do it. When Beth starts receiving threats and then her grandparents' home is broken into Hank gets involved even though the home is outside his jurisdiction.

Hank and Beth soon find themselves in Vegas - he on a vacation with his brothers and her on a business trip. The fun and games soon turn deadly as Hank and Beth find themselves on the run from someone; someone that has managed to drug Beth and then follower her and her knight in shining armor, Hank, through the strip.

When the plot is discovered and the mastermind revealed, it may be too late to save anyone.

This is a wonderful story of pent up passion and longing mixed well with a suspenseful mystery. I love the chemistry between Hank and Beth almost as much as I loved the chemistry between Claire and Jake in Book 1. The confusion Hank and Beth share regarding their roles in each others lives is genuine and sincere. Beth wants Hank in the worst way and vice versa but Beth is Hank's sister's best friend....if the line is crossed and the relationship fails how will any of them be able to be in the same room together?

The plot is solid and the who-dun-it aspect was played out well. I found the story to be engaging and believable not tacky, strung out, or lame. The only part I found rough was the revelation of Beth's secret. It felt a tad rushed to me. I expected nothing less than the way Hank dealt with it, however, and was pretty happy at the outcome.

Please note: This book contains "adult scenes."
Book provided at no cost for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction Creek.