Lannister's Reviews > Sins of the Demon

Sins of the Demon by Diana Rowland

Jan 15, 12

Read in January, 2012

I was really looking forward to reading this book and it didn't disappoint. This series just gets better and better. I love the Urban Fantasy/Police Procedural crossover vibe that the stories have, and I do enjoy the humour in them. Kara is such a likeable heroine. She isn't one of those super tough, kill-everything-in-her-path type of UF women, and she seems far more believable because of it.

There are plenty of mysteries throughout the book, as Kara and her friends try to figure out who appears to be setting her up for multiple murders, and who is trying to summon her to the demon realm, and more importantly, why? Meagre scraps of information about Ryan, Rhyzkahl and the Demon world are dished out in a frustratingly frugal manner! I want MORE INFO!! Rhyzkahl wasn't in the book all that much, which was a little disappointing, but there was so much else going on that you didn't feel the lack of his presence too much.

I did kind of wish in retrospect that I'd re-read at least the last book in the series before I started this one, so that I'd have everything fresh in my mind. The author does explain everything very well, but I can't shake the feeling that there might be hints and clues about The Bigger Picture dotted throughout the text, both in this and previous books, that I have probably missed. Still, it's a good excuse for a reread in a few months!

My single biggest gripe about the story would be that after a tantalizing ending, I now have to wait a whole year to find out what happens. This is beyond awful!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Demon.