Sam's Reviews > Hidden

Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Jan 15, 2012

bookshelves: owned-books
Read on June 08, 2012

Sophie Jordan has done it again. She created another story that has left you breathless from start to finish. Making you change sides repeatedly, never knowing who will win out in the end and throwing twists and turns at you when you least expect them. She created a world and characters that you couldn’t help but fall in love with. It hurts to say goodbye to Jacinda, Will and Cassian, but with the way the story ended you couldn’t help but feel satisfied.
Cover:
I really love the cover. I think that Harper did a really good job with it and that they stayed true to the theme of the books. When my school met with Sophie she told us that she would’ve liked to see both girls on the cover, and I think that would’ve been interesting to see. It would have shown a different perspective on what the story was about, but sadly she didn’t think about that until after the cover was made. I do like how Hidden is written! It looks awesome!
Plot/Writing:
Talk about one heck of a roller coaster ride! Never ending action and twists straight out of the gate, which was nice but I wouldn’t have minded some down time and the incessant action. There were some super sweet moments that I would love to gush about and I can’t because of that nasty S word that no one likes! Sophie did an amazing job on tying up all loose ends and closing the story off with finality to it. She left herself enough wiggle room that if she wanted to, she could make spin off series- which I wouldn’t be opposed too.
Characters:
Jacinda was, and is, so strong. She changed and grew so much in Hidden and it was for the better. She was fearless and brave and would do anything for her loved ones. Jacinda made me so, so proud and I loved her so much more in this book. She had a very important decision to make at every turn and she picked what she thought was right every time. Jacinda followed her heart and instincts and it didn’t lead her wrong. Jacinda you will be greatly missed. There will never be another first fire-breather Draki to me. Jacinda will always have that spot in my heart.
Will makes my heart ache for a boyfriend. He was so sweet and supportive of every decision that Jacinda made that you couldn’t help but fall even more in love with him. He was only stupid for a couple scenes and in those scenes I wanted to kill him and make him be normal Will again! He has grown up so much from the little hunter boy, into what he has now embraced and I love the new Will in this story. The gorgeous, strong, and determined Will. I want Will! 
All in All:
Goodbye Draki, goodbye Jacinda, Will, and Cassian. You will be loved and cherished on my bookshelf for a long time and I have loved reading about your journey for the past year and half. If you haven’t picked up Firelight yet, then you are greatly missing out and you need to pick up this series soon! Job well done Mrs. Sophie Jordan! 5 out of 5 Tacos!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden.

06/08/2012 page 272