Ivan Gaikowski's Reviews > Let's Do Nothing!

Let's Do Nothing! by Tony Fucile

U_50x66
Jan 16, 12

Read in January, 2012, read count: 1

I watched an ebook version of this story (in the Tumble Book Library ). The voices were childlike (obviously acted by adult) and the pace was slow. I feel an adult reading this to kids could make it more entertaining with a little physical acting than just audio acting.
I've not seen a child react to this book, but to me the climax and solution were hard to swallow. Two kids with nothing to do decide to do nothing. But after realizing that nothing was actually something they decide to DO SOMETHING! That left me empty. What is it they do when they find this out? For a child who is actually bored and wants some sort of light shed on the issue, disappointment is sure to follow this read when nothing is offered to them.
But I could see this being a useful work if one were to introduce it to children as a concept - asking them if they can do nothing, maybe demonstrating it. Then reading it and learning their thoughts on the idea; perhaps reasking the preceding question. But this could also run the risk of going over their heads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Do Nothing!.