Soumi's Reviews > Dark Kiss

Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Jan 11, 14

bookshelves: demons, angels, owned-copy, young-adult, mira-ink, review-copies, books-i-reviewed
Read from May 20 to 26, 2012

Dark and haunting tale of love, Dark Kiss is one of my most favorite paranormal romances of 2012. I must say Michelle Rowen has nailed it.

“A sob caught in my chest. I didn't even know what a gray was, other than a drab color. All I knew was that I was hungry all the time. And I knew, deep down, that it wasn't just for food.”

In Dark Kiss heaven and hell comes together to build an army of angel and demons know as Nightwatchers to protect the humanity from the evils, known as Greys. The book starts with delicious kiss in a nightclub that change Samantha’s life. She become the center of attraction of every boy in her school, also a different kind of hunger is killing her inside. The she met Bishop, an alluring boy who doesn’t seem to recall much, later he is revealed to be a warrior of heaven. Then they joined forces with other angels and demons to track and hunt down the evil Greys.

I liked the character building, each and every one. There are many things I liked about the protagonist Samantha, and her character growth from a simple girl to rocking one. The night she has been kissed by her long time crush, her entire world changes around her, and a different kind of craving and hunger developed inside her. A power of feeding on human souls could have doomed her, but she never let go of the humanity.
And there Bishop, a lost angel and completely swoon worthy. He was determine to protect Sam, and I was spellbound the immediate attraction between them. The romance was hot and intense, kind of love which made the readers crave for more.
Kraven was my favorite among all of them. All bad boy and sarcastic attitude, he was pain in ass and I love such kind of pain. He is just that dead sexy demon, who can’t be described in words. Mhan! I love him.

When the book started the team were just tracking the Greys, soon it’s revealed that there is a queen, the “Source” who has a past connected with Sam. I was biting my lips every moment the book took a turn, so unpredictable. There was so much emotions and pain, I felt them flowing through my veins. Every action was well planned, and I loved them. Dark Kiss was absolutely fabulous and entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Kiss.

05/22/2012 page 30
9.0% 5 comments
05/25/2012 page 150
43.0% "This book is so freaking sexy..I love the guys, both of them" 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤  is it good>????

Soumi Yeah, it is, ya know dark kind of good

message 4: by Natasha (new) - added it