Mickey Reed's Reviews > Social Suicide

Sep 24, 12

bookshelves: arc, 2012
Read from April 19 to 22, 2012

See full review here!

This is a hilarious murder mystery YA novel! The sequel to Deadly Cool, Social Suicide is funny, smart, and slightly irresistible. Hartley is crime-solving, super-reporting, downright hysterical main character filled to the brim with quips and curiosity. She's always in the middle of trouble, whether by accident or on purpose. Can she get to the bottom of a cheating scheme at her high school that leads to murder? Read on, readers!

Hartley has a lot to deal with in her life. Chase, her newspaper boss at school, is on her mind in a boyfriend kind of way. Her best friend Sam is so concerned with her boyfriend and good grades, but she's still an awesome buddy. And her mom has now taken on Match.com trying to find a new beau in her life. Hartley actually has time to try to solve a mystery? Oh yes.

It's all a bit ridiculous by not being realistic in the least, but it makes you laugh and keeps you guessing! It also left me with a smile on my face by the very last lines. This novel is creative and seriously fun. A quick read, Social Suicide will have you on your toes and waiting for the next book in line!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Suicide.

04/20/2012 page 64
24.0% "This is going fast. I don't want to see "I bit my lip" one more time though."
show 3 hidden updates…