Chris's Reviews > Sasha

Sasha by Joel Shepherd

2087279
Jan 27, 12

Read from January 15 to 27, 2012

This was a very nice break for me as it has been quite awhile since I delved into a this genre. I have stirred clear of the Kings and Midevil times in order to let the dust settle on these type of books, but with a great price on Kindle and an interesting premise, I took the leap and was rewarded for my gamble.

The story does begin in a confusing manner as you are introduced to a plethora of characters while the reader is also being introduced into the story's world. It did indeed take me a few re-reads to get every thing clear. But despite the author's attempt to creat new words for old ideas, the old ideas still ring true. So it soon becomes a conflict of church and power over peasants and the common man. However, in this case, the common man has a champion in the daughter of the king who has fallen from grace and has taken up the heathen ways of the common man.

What is the saving grace and what keeps the reader captivated is the growth of the main characters. Sasha, the fallen princess begins as a spoiled, ill-tempered student and ends as a true leader of the common man. All of the lesser characters also grow with Sasha, or end up dead. Either way, it is good reading.

I look forward to reading the next books in the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sasha.