zcb257's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Renee Field

Jan 17, 12

Read from January 15 to 16, 2012

I signed up for an ARC because I liked the premise, haven't read a good PNR in a while, and hoped it might be interesting. While the story itself was not too bad, the whole thing just didn't quite live up to what I was looking for.

I find one of the most irritating things in a book is when an author feels the need to spell everything out, and just doesn’t have enough faith that the reader will see what they are getting at. There are many examples in this book, add to that mutterings like "her secret garden" and "womanly essence," and it just wasn't for me.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

01/15/2012 "hmmmm, not too far in, but also not too sure about this one."

message 1: by Steph (new)

Steph Oy', this is the book you mentioned before. Now I'm curious, but not enough to read it. LoL. Her Secret Garden, ewww. Is this male or female author? Sounds more like a male author to me.

I'm not sure what Laura recommended, since Tangler is down again. If you don't have anything to read, I would truly give Love is Darkness and Love is Fear a go.

zcb257 This is the one! I'm pretty sure it's a female author, but I'm not positive.

Tangler is STILL down, been down since this morning, so I have no clue what Laura rec'd either. I will for sure have to check those two out, you rarely steer me wrong!

message 3: by Steph (last edited Jan 17, 2012 05:11PM) (new)

Steph Yeah, check it out, because I think you'll like it. The first book was good, but the 2nd book was even better, so hold your judgement.

I can't think of any other really good steamy reads I've read lately besides that one and Firelight, but I'll let you know if I come across one.

Wait, you've read the Night Huntress books right? Lots of steamy scenes in books 1-4. I can't say I recommend the rest of the series though. I can't keep track with what everyone reads, so please forgive me. You've read Fever yes? Lots of steamy there as well, but in the later books.

zcb257 I really want to read Firelight, but will have to wait until it's released. It looks good!

Of course I've read Fever, it's my all time favorite. Doesn't get much steamier than that!

Looks like Tangler is STILL down.

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph Oh, it looks like it's finally back, but still a bit slow. Hey, at least you didn't get tricked into reading a YA ARC. I had no idea until I reached the end of the book. It should be a crime not to mention this or other to add YA to its tagline.