Sophia's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012, owned, contemporary, fiction, humor, i-cried, must-read, all-time-favorite
Read from January 21 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

The Fault in Our Stars is a roller coaster of emotions; it didn’t just go ‘up.’ It’s amazing. A novel that made me laugh and made me cry simultaneously. Honestly, I hardly cry when I read and the last time that I did long enough that my eyes were bloodshot was Nicholas Sparks’ The Last Song. Again, Green move me, he make me feel all the things.

TFiOS is John Green at his best, BRILLIANT. He doesn’t need mysteriously extravagant book cover just to compel his reader to read his works. I adore his writings, how he made things that are so unreal and yet he made it possible. The characters are like in his other book, a little too clever and a little too pretentious at times, but they’re kind of glorious. It’s not because Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters have cancer and they’re dying (it sucks). The characters are just great that somehow you want to be part of the story or pull them out in the fictitious world that he created. It’s just sad that they didn’t have enough time to do something great that they would be remembered once they’re gone.

The story ended in a conclusion that I wasn’t expecting to happen. Admittedly when I finished the last page, I turned it to the next expecting for another chapter, but I ended up staring on a blank page. And leaving me awake, crying my eyes out, and thinking about it over and over. It affected me so much. I wouldn’t get tired on reading it again just like Looking for Alaska.

To sum it all, I love how amazing reading this. It’s well-written and interesting and of course, the feeling that you just want to be friends with the main characters. Kudos to you, John Green, again you didn’t disappoint your readers.
3 likes · Likeflag

Quotes Sophia Liked

John Green
“Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.

"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”

John Green
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”

John Green
“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”

John Green
“The marks humans leave are too often scars.”

01/21/2012 page 112
36.0% "It's awesome(as what I expect). I got my signed copy yesterday. And I was like, I can die happily. Scratch that, perhaps, after I'm done with this."