Michelle's Reviews > Some Assembly Required: A Journal of My Son's First Son

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from February 10 to March 26, 2012

Some Assembly Required A Journal of My Son's First Son by Anne Lamott
Some Assembly Required: A Journal of My Son's First Son
I received this book as a "first read" from the giveaways. I had never read anything by this author previously, so I had no idea what to expect. The first half of the book I found myself getting frustrated with the author because she was trying so hard to be the one calling the shots with the upbringing of the baby. Maybe I was overly sensitive because I had just given birth as well and it brought me back to my first child and how some people seem to think that how they did things is the ONLY way to go about childcare. But, as I continued on, I started to sympathize with how difficult it must be for a parent to step back and let their child find their own parenting style. It gave me some insight into what it might be like for my own parents. I appreciated seeing the different perspective and realized that a new baby is not only an adjustment for the parents, but for the grandparents as well. It took me a while to read the book (but that was due to the new baby and not because the book was not interesting). I am now curious to see what this author's other books are like. Thank you so much for this advance copy!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Assembly Required.

04/28 marked as: read