Cmh us's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Jul 03, 08

OK...It was an awesome book I will admit. But, I have 2 problems with it. First of all, it is way over rated. Sure it's great, but people thing that is it absolutely the best thing that ever happened. And I'm sorry - there are better things. The other problem I have with it is that Stephenie Meyer is LDS. She cusses in it several times. That seems low for her standards...I don't know :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maddie Christy, I saw you as one of Brianne's friends. I love your review! I absolutely agree. I was in love with the book when I first read it, and now I think it is way over-rated, as well. Stephenie Meyer is disapointing as an LDS author. I enjoyed your review,

Madison Snell

message 2: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us Hi Maddie!

Thanks for agreeing with me. I only have 1 friend thats LDS that even cares about the cussing! I was kind of let down to know that even my Mormon friends think that the book is so good that they don't care about her lowering her standards!

Christy

Maddie Well, I think its great that you care about the cussing. I do too, now come to think of it. When I read it, I let it slip, and now I am dissapointed. She should be setting a righteous example. Now, I think those who are not LDS might have the wrong idea about our church and our standards because of her! I might be sounding like a hypocrite because they were my favorite books at one time, but, now, I am sick of them. :)

message 4: by Cmh (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us Hey!

I didn't even think of people having the wrong idea, but that is absolutely true. It's sad, too. Everybody that reads it knows that she is LDS so they probably will think that our church has those kind of standards! And I heard in Breaking Dawn there is going to be another "inappropriate" scene...? I hope not!

message 5: by Maddie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maddie Hi!

I hope not too. Are you going to read Breaking Dawn? I think I will. So, who do you like better, Jacob or Edward?

message 6: by Cmh (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us Hiya

I hope that I have finished New Moon and Eclipse before it comes out so that I can read it right away! That would be so cool! I hear it's going to be good and I bet it will! OK, I don't get this whole Jacob and Edward argument. I think there must be something that I haven't read yet that it going to make me want to pick?? Because of course Edward! Jacob just makes the book more interesting and eventful...idk?

Maddie I agree. I dont really like Jacob because I think he gets in the way of Edward and Bella. But then, there would be no point to the story I guess, if he werent involved. Are you excited for the movie? I was when I was a huge fan of these books. And I am excited still. Just not as much. I guess my whole point is I would rather say I read classics than, " I read the Twilight Series!!" You know what I mean?

message 8: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us I think I responded to this but I don't remember...I don't know if I am going to see the movie...my family tries to stay away from PG-13. I'll be sad to not see it but it's ok.

Jeanene Well if you dont see it, I wont see it. I decided today to boycott the movie, anyway.(Though my mom doubts I will :) My family got a movie magazine in the mail today and on the front cover was a picture of Twilight and some of it's cast. Well, you know how Edward is supposed to be the most gorgeous being on the entire earth? HE IS DISGUSTING. I really do not like what they have done with Edward. And they have made Bella this beautiful person, but I thought I read Bella was supposed to be rather plain.

Ok,I am done protesting about the Twilight Series for good. :)

Maddie Sorry, I was on my mom's account by accident when I left that message. I do it all the time!!! LOL

message 11: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us lol i thought that was funny that ur mom posted to me =] i agree, he is disgusting! he is SO ugly! i hate his harry chest, lol!

message 12: by Maddie (last edited Jul 13, 2008 07:06PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maddie Me too! That was the worst part, along with his red lipstick. LOL. Ughh..he is definetly not what I imagined. Its giving me the creeps thinking about him...which is so sad because he was my favorite person on the planet nine months ago. LOL

message 13: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us i think that the movie will completely ruin the book! its gunna change a lot of peoples views on it. i think thats why stepehnie didn't want it to be made into a movie at first

Maddie Ya, that's true.

message 15: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us well i just hope that like if all my friends see it they don't talk about how good it is or then i will wish that i did see it!!!!!!!

Maddie Is it for sure PG-13? I dont think it will be that great. The preview is wierd. But who knows.
I am torn between seeing it and not seeing it.

message 17: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us thats what i have heard...not sure though i guess.? tell me if you hear

Maddie I think you are right. Everything I have read says it is PG-13. Something cool that I read is that Stephenie Meyer put in the movie contract that it had to be PG-13 at the most, because she could not watch R rated movies, and that she wanted her children to be able to see it. I thought that was pretty cool. (Don't look at the time....I know Im up late. :)

message 19: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us what time were you up??? =] it is 10;20 so you were on almost 11 hours ago...like almost midnight?? :) oh well its summer! so yeah i am kind of sad that it's pg-13 but my family tries to keep our standards high.

Jeanene It was midnight:)oops. Well, hopefully it turns out to be PG!

Maddie I did it again!!! Sorry! Dont mind the Jeanene...it is really from Maddi.

Maddie Oh by the way... You are a great example sticking to your standards!

message 23: by Cmh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cmh us lol thats ok..i hope its pg too. thanks =]