Lyndz's Reviews > The Thief

The Thief by Fuminori Nakamura

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, own, reviewed
Read from February 16 to 19, 2012

I really wanted to love this book. And there were parts of it that I enjoyed. But, unfortunately, I cannot go so far as to say I loved this book.

The plot for me was greatly lacking in depth. Plot spoiler: (view spoiler) The character development was nonexistent. -Which is particularly difficult for me because that is what I look for in a “good read”.
On the good side, this book is a major page turner. I finished it in a couple days and I could have easily finished it in an afternoon. It was jam-packed full of action scenes and every time the main character went to pick someone’s pocket I was holding my breath for him. I also enjoyed the unconventional ending to this book.

If you are looking for a fast paced page turner based in the crime world of Japan, then this is the book for you!

I want to give it more stars than this but I can’t look past the afore mentioned issues that I had with it. 3 & 1/2 stars.

I received this book for free through goodread’s first reads program. But, that in no way influenced this review. Thank you for the free copy of this book and the opportunity to read it!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief.

02/16/2012 page 5
02/17/2012 page 60
20.0% "Page turner"
02/20/2012 page 303
100.0% "Finished. Will write a review soon."
show 1 hidden update…