Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > Blue Sky Days

Blue Sky Days by Marie Landry

Jan 25, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: dac-2012, for-review, from-author, ebook, my-books, canadian, young-adult
Read from January 22 to 24, 2012 — I own a copy

When I think about 'Blue Sky Days' I think about embracing all of life -- all of its heartache as well as its joy. I also think about discovery: figuring out who you are, and being free to be yourself. These are some pretty awesome themes, so it's no surprise that I generally really liked this book.

Nicholas was a litttttle too perfect for my liking. He was lovely, but almost too much so that it became a bit unbelievable in certain parts. I also would have liked to have experienced more of the relationship between Emma and Nicholas at the beginning, rather than hearing about it second hand. Still, those two make a very sweet couple, and especially in the second half of the book you can really feel how much they love one another.

'Blue Sky Days' is very quiet and atmospheric. I loved the town, with the diner and Daisy's house. The book also features some really strong secondary characters. Even the ones you didn't get to know that well, you could still really feel the emotions behind their relationships with the main characters. This is a book that is about family, friends, and love, and it really does remind you of what's important, and to appreciate the good things you have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Sky Days.