Amy's Reviews > The Merry Wives of Windsor

The Merry Wives of Windsor by William Shakespeare

Jan 29, 12

bookshelves: plays, reviewed
Read from January 14 to 29, 2012

By the time I was about halfway through The Merry Wives of Windsor, I was pretty sure that I was not going to come away from this play feeling too impressed. I'm glad I stuck with it, though, because everything came together in the end, and ultimately I'd give this play 3.5 stars.

Unlike some of Shakespeare's other comedies that I've read, this one did actually make me laugh in places. The characters all seemed perfectly believable and realistic to me, and, much to my surprise, the ending of the play was very satisfying. I really wanted to see "Ta-Da!" written at the end of the play in Shakespeare's hand, because I felt like he really pulled a rabbit out of his hat with this one. And the best part was, I totally didn't see the magic coming!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Merry Wives of Windsor.

01/26/2012
50.0% "What?! Half way through The Merry Wives of Windsor and I still feel like the action has yet to start?! Hm. I'm starting to wonder if I like Shakespeare as much as I thought I did."