Danielle's Reviews > A Need So Beautiful

F 50x66
Jan 14, 2012

liked it
Read on January 14, 2012 — I own a copy

Charlotte has a problem. Ever since she was found in a hospital waiting room at the age of six, she's had a problem. A pressing, urgent Need comes upon her sometimes and she has to go somewhere and help someone. The circumstances change, but one thing never does. She is always forgotten after. And now, it's happening more and more often and nothing can stop it. Not the love of her boyfriend or her best friend. She will give and give until she disappears and she really will be Forgotten.

But then, Charlotte meets someone who promises that she can help, that she doesn't have to leave forever. But will it be worth it?

I quite liked this book. I enjoyed the mythology of the Forgotten and how we learn more about it as Charlotte does. The book isn't very long, but Young manages to pack in a lot of feeling, especially towards Charlotte's and Harlin (her boyfriend)'s relationship. The ending is quite the cliffhanger as well.

The problems I had with this book weren't many, but were there. It felt slightly rushed, overall and I wanted more character development. For example, we only see Charlotte's adoptive mom and brother a few times in the whole story. I'd like more there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Need So Beautiful.