Judi's Reviews > One Tough Cookie

One Tough Cookie by Carole Dean

Jan 14, 2012

bookshelves: amazon, e-book, contemporary-romance, kindle, 2012, jan
Read from January 15 to 17, 2012

One Touch Cookie was delicious! I loved it. This book started out with the sample chapter download from Amazon. When it ended with the hero in a face plant, on the ground and the heroine, her knee firmly planted in the hero’s back with his arm wrenched high between his shoulder blades - I knew I had to buy the book. I mean seriously - how could I not find out what was going to happen?

Willow “Willy” Desmond is a girl who can take care of herself - physically and emotionally. She’s learned to protect her body out of need...she’s a blonde, beautiful “willowy” woman who travels alone around the world. A girl’s gotta learn to protect what she owns. Emotionally she’s shut down her heart so she can’t be hurt. The women in her family have a terrible track record with men and relationships and Willow decided long ago she wasn’t going to be another casualty. She is a serious innocent when it comes to matters of the heart and she wasn’t prepared for the scope of her feelings for one Taylor Stanley Monroe.

Taylor Monroe travels to Spain determined to bring his way-word younger brother Daniel home. As far as Taylor is concerned, Daniel‘s lack of responsibility, his inability to settle down and vagabond ways have to end. What Michael doesn’t expect when he arrives at his brother’s apartment is to find the likes of one Willow Desmond and brother Daniel M.I.A. Given that Willy currently has the upper hand - literally since she’s yanking his arm out of it’s socket and he’s eating carpet dirt...it made for an interesting introduction.

The stuffy New York financial wiz and the nomadic beauty are forced to spend time together especially when Taylor takes ill and has to rely on Willy for his care. The growing attraction and sexual chemistry between this two just jumps off the page. But Willy’s a little on the analytical side when it comes romances and just isn’t about to jump into the sack with Mr. Good Lookin’ even if her body is insisting she just do it!

Good Lookin’ and Wild Willy are a great couple but their lifestyle choices couldn’t be more different and that definitely presents a glaring roadblock on their path to happiness.

Who’s going to blink first and cave once Taylor’s Spanish vacation comes to an end and he returns to New York? Can two total opposites with a mad attraction for one another really make a go at a life together? You are going to have to read One Tough Cookie if you want to find out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Tough Cookie.

01/15/2012
50.0% "Loving this book!"