Jim's Reviews > My Most Excellent Year

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, humor, romance, favorites
Recommended to Jim by: Flannery
Read from January 22 to February 03, 2012 — I own a copy

4.5 Stars

Wonderful! Funny, insightful, obsessive but in a good way... and unashamedly, universally romantic.

Should I admit that I knew all the movie stars mentioned, and all of their movies? Oh, and Mary Poppins is still one of my favs (true for everyone in this house).

P.S. I learned about this book from Flannery's wonderful review, which I strongly recommend (along with the book!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Most Excellent Year.

01/24/2012 page 82
20.0% "This is excellent! Very original, great characters, and hilarious. A lot going on here.."
01/27/2012 page 142
34.0% ""I can't believe you've been holding out on me when I've spilled so much of my own blood for art." "Get over yourself.""
02/01/2012 page 228
55.0% ""Andy can't come either. They're going to Cleveland to visit his grandparents. Why do they always keep grandparents in places like Cleveland??""

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Thanks, Flannery! I forgot to put in the link to your amazing review... going to fix that right now.

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Thanks, Amber!

message 3: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Thanks, Sesana!

message 4: by Joan (new) - added it

Joan Looks good I'll have to check it out!

message 5: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Thanks, Joan! I really enjoyed it, and I had to elbow my wife away from it a couple of times after she read the first few pages. She was reading Death Comes to Pemberley at the time, and not really enjoying it. This is definitely her kind of book, and mine too!

message 6: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Thanks for the like, Leanne! I am so guilty about the long-delayed correspondence.:) I hope you can forgive, and I promise to make amends within the next few days.

I hope you are well and happy, and taking good care. Best wishes to a truly lovely person, and more soon :)