Tatiana's Reviews > Blood and Other Cravings: Original Stories of Vampires and Vampirism by Today's Greatest Writers of Dark Fiction

Blood and Other Cravings by Ellen Datlow

Jan 14, 12

bookshelves: partially-read, short-stories, mysteries-thrillers-horror, aus-nz, 2012
Read on January 14, 2012

"Mulberry Boys" by Margo Lanagan

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Other Cravings.

message 1: by Kat Kennedy (new) - added it

Kat Kennedy Ohhhhh interesting!

Tatiana I've only read one story out of it. I can email it to you too, if you want.

message 3: by Kat Kennedy (new) - added it

Kat Kennedy You only read one story and then gave it four stars? Intriguing.

Sure. Send along.

Tatiana It was 4 stars for that one story.

My rules for rating books are complicated, very scientific approach, you know.

message 5: by Kat Kennedy (last edited Jan 14, 2012 07:21PM) (new) - added it

Kat Kennedy I'm sure there are intense algorithms and rigorous scientific checks required for you to rate things.

Miriam I read all of it and only that story and one other were very good, unfortunately.

Tatiana Sadly, that's how normally things are with anthologies

Miriam Yeah. I usually like more of the datlow and windling collaborations, but this one looks like it was just datlow.

message 9: by Thoraiya (new)

Thoraiya Miriam: was the other one the Kaaron Warren one, "All You Can Do Is Breathe?"

Those are the two that I've read, and I LOVE THEM :)

Miriam I thought Warren's was good, and Melanie Tem really got the voice down in her "Keepy Corky," but I didn't love either of them. The problem I had with Warren's and many of the other entries is that they felt more like drafts for full novels than short stories... like they were compressing too much into too little space.