Melissa ( Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf)'s Reviews > Otherwise

Otherwise by Jennifer B. White

Feb 18, 12

bookshelves: owned-ebook, reviewed-other
Read from January 20 to 21, 2012

This book captured by interest from the very first line and never released it. The book is well written and flows beautifully introducing new characters and delivering new plot developments at exactly the right moments. Once I jumped in , I couldn’t put it down and I must admit that I was sad when it ended.

The character of Delilah is so multi-dimensional (in fact more multi-dimensional than one even realizes), that one can not help feeling for her from the very beginning. We are sucked into her world which at first appears to be a classic tale of a small town girl returning home to face her demons and then slowly one comes to realize that all in Green Lake is not what it seems. All of the secondary characters are equally charming in their own mysterious and puzzling ways…especially Winnie who one can not help but love.

The human and the supernatural meld seamlessly in this novel with elements of romance, mystery, and a healthy dose of Jennifer’s wonderful wit. She explores issues of family, trust, loss, and the real meaning of “undying” love and ultimately what it means to be alive, dead, or Otherwise.

I recommend this book to anyone who seeks a paranormal lens through which to examine some very human issues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Otherwise.

01/20/2012 page 20