Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur)'s Reviews > My Soul to Steal

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent

Jun 27, 13

bookshelves: horrible-love-interest, stupid-heroine, sex-sex-and-more-sex, guilty-pleasure
Read from January 21 to 23, 2012

** spoiler alert **

From the description:

Trying to work things out with Nash—her maybe boyfriend—is hard enough for Kaylee Cavanaugh.

*coughs* Excuse me? Your maybe boyfriend? THE DUDE LET YOU BE POSSESSED BY A DEMON, YOU IDIOT!

Let's set this straight;
All of the things Nash has done to make you break up with him (or at least SHOULD)

1. He lied to you for a month about being high on Demon's Breath
2. He let you be possessed by a demon
3. He had sex with the possessed version of you, claiming that he didn't know it wasn't you, but he really should (and probably did know) have.
4. Acted like a dick the entire month while being high on Demon's Breath, trying to get you to have sex with him, since that's all the bastard wants.

*grabs Kaylee by the shoulders* GET WITH TOD. HE LOVES YOU, AND YOU LOVE HIM, WE'RE ALL A HAPPY DAMN FAMILY.

Actual Review.

I'm just realizing these Soul Screamers books are all following the same plot pattern;

The very beginning of the book consists of Kaylee obsessing over Nash and nothing else matters. Then a problem comes into the picture (in this case, Sabine, Nash's ex-girlfriend shows up and wants Nash back. Kaylee soon finds out Sabine is actually a Maru, literally a Nightmare, a Netherworld creature that feeds off the fear of people in the form of nightmares. When people start dying in their sleep, Kaylee thinks Sabine's behind it) Kaylee tries to solve the problem on her own, she realizes Avari is behind the whole thing (big surprise there) and when she fails to solve it on her own, she tells her dad, who's no help whatsoever. (add some more obsessing over Nash, lots of eating food, and fighting Sabine) They somehow find themselves in the Netherworld, deceive Avari in some way, then they escape and happy ending! (until the next book)

description

*sigh* Okay, two things I like about the book;

1. Tod. Tod is Tod, and I love him for that.

2. Sabine. Even though she was supposed to be one of the 'bad' characters, I really liked her. She was really cool, and adored getting on Kaylee's nerves, which I loved her even more for. She has a cool 'bad girl' vibe about her, and also a slutty vibe, but that's not entirely who she is.

I don't get why Kaylee can't just give up Nash! You're obviously unsure about it, so why not let Sabine have him? I get it, your pride will be wrecked, and your wittle hawrt won't want to be bwoken! Swallow your damn pride girl, and let Nash go. Tod gave you so many hints that he liked you in this book, and you can't stop fussing over stupid Nash.

Also, why is Kaylee always drinking Coke? Why can't she just drink water?! Whenever someone asks her if she wants something to drink, she says "Just Coke." Or whenever she drinks ANYTHING, it's always fricking Coke. Doesn't she know drinking soda every day increases your risk of getting cancer? And it makes you fat?

Oh, and in the end, when Kaylee gets back together with Nash...

I--just--what--the--I can't--

description

p.s. I hate Rachel's Vincent's writing style. Hate it. Despise it. I actually have If I Die from the library in my room right now, but I can't stomach another Rachel Vincent book right after reading one. So, I'm going to read Shade instead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Steal.

01/21/2012 page 78
23.0% "I. Hate. Kaylee. WHY does she feel she has to stay with Nash?!? WHY? WHY? WHY!! I actually kind of like Sabine, she's cool. p.s. Why can't Kaylee just drink water? Every time someone asks her if she wants a drink she says "Coke." I swear, she's going to get DRUNK on coke. And fat."
01/22/2012 page 151
44.0% "I'm blazing through this book, even though I'm not really liking it. It's interesting enough, but I'm just trying to get through it really quickly."
01/22/2012 page 212
62.0% ""I'm not going to tie you up, or down, or in any other direction!" Was that an attempt at humor? description I am unamused." 2 comments
01/23/2012 page 298
87.0% "All these Soul Screamers books are starting to sound the same...so bored... description GO STEIN GO!!!"

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kat (idangerous) O.O im gonna start reading this and DANG! what did I miss in the book before this one?!?! I feel lost.

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) :O You haven't read this one yet?! Gosh, my review just spoiled everything then...

Kat (idangerous) XD you're fine..I still have to book before this one to read. I can't wait to see what you're talking about I've always like Tod, he is just so damn cute and funny. "GO TEAM TOD!"

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) TEAM TOD FOR THE WIN!!! (though I think he deserves better than Kaylee)

Kat (idangerous) TTFTW!! XD that's awful. Kaylee is new to the life and is easily influenced apparently. Maybe she'll leave Nash because he's a idiot and move on?

message 3: by Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) (last edited Jan 23, 2012 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Hopefully Kat, hopefully. :P But I doubt it...

Kat (idangerous) hopefully :) its a start! Nash needs to get his act together!

Guyleidjy totaly agree with u about the tod. he has all my fav line from the book