Leeah George 's Reviews > Playing Hurt

Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler

Jan 18, 12

Read in January, 2012

Chelsea Keyes was the star basketball player in her high school. Everything changed after a disastrous accident that stopped her from playing any further games. Chelsea is broken not just physically but mentally too. Everything she worked towards is falling apart. Her boyfriend, Gabe supports her through the rough time. Chelsea goes to a three week "boot camp" program which is a gift from her father. Her trainer is 19 year old, Clint, who has his own painful past to deal with. Chelsea and Clint are two broken people trying to be whole again. When they meet, they are immediately drawn to each other, but Chelsea is torn between Gabe and Clint.

I chose this book... actually, let me start over. A friend of mine recommended this book to me for several reasons. One, because she knows I love romantic novels and books, and two, because she loved it and thought I would too. Boy, was she right! I loved the alternating perspectives between Clint and Chelsea. I absolutely adored the suspense that they left hanging in the air after ever chapter (Good Job Holly!)

I finished this book because no matter how hard I had tried to put it down, I just couldn't! It was so breath taking that i lost a full nights sleep because i couldn't put down the book.

I would recommend this book to my friend named Nailah, mostly because she needs to start reading more (Haha!), and this book would be the perfect start for her. She'd Love it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Hurt.