Christiana's Reviews > The Art of Fielding

The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach

Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: adult-fic
Read from January 14 to 17, 2012

I was unhappy about the amount of baseball in this book. I either wanted more baseball and less people or more people and less baseball. But! I was impressed with Harbach's ability to make me care about sports. I like baseball, but this book made me like it more. Also, I feel like in adult books everyone sleeps with each other AND NO ONE KNOWS WHY.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Fielding.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (new) - added it

Alison THAT'S WHY I READ ADULT BOOKS.

Christiana I think I'm probably thinking about it too much, but I just want a motive for sex once in awhile. Just like, one in three times.

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara I'm with Christiana on this one.

Mandy Isn't having sex its own motive?

Christiana I don't think it always is! It seems like I keep reading adult books where the text is all like "he was loafing around her house and slept in her bed and smelled and then they had sex". So they do and then during or right after they're all like "I don't even like this fish face." WHY? I just don't understand how regular people are supposed to understand that when the person isn't even into them in the slightest way.

message 6: by Mandy (last edited Jan 19, 2012 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mandy LOL!!!!!! (excellent use of the phrase 'fish face')

message 7: by Alison (new) - added it

Alison LOLOLOLOL, I don't think I've encountered this particular phenomena in adult books, but now I'm totally gonna be on the lookout for it.