Ashley Byland's Reviews > Brightest Kind of Darkness

Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle

Jan 19, 2012

Read from January 14 to 17, 2012

I had originally bought this book because of the book’s synopsis on the back, and it intrigued me enough to buy it. The cover didn’t hurt either, very intriguing book. I have to say, my decision to buy this book was one of the best decisions of my life! Oh My Goodness! This book is my absolute favorite book I have ever read!!!

The synopsis of this book is different from any other book that I have read, and it was right up my alley! “Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.” Awesome concept for a book right? They way that this book starts out is very cool, it sucks you in right away and you can’t stop reading because you are always waiting to find out what happens. It sucks you in. I do love that we meet Ethan really early in this book, so you aren’t waiting for Nara to meet the mysterious boy for too long.

I like how the author developed the relationship between Nara and Ethan. It wasn’t your typical sappy teenage love story, it had a lot of feeling and a lot of depth to it, and it made it seem more real life then other stories and also with Nara’s dreams that seem to be fading away, it really adds a lot of cool elements to the characters and their relationship. You keep guessing at what Ethan’s past really holds and what dark secrets he may have, I’m still curious about his older brother and him but I am sure that will come up in the next few books. You weren’t left with a feeling of, um hello, whats going on? at all, the story flows very well and your unanswered questions make you excited for the next book, and everything else is just so damn good, you are ok that somethings are left unresolved for the moment.

One thing I like about certain books, including this one, is you can tell when the ending is coming, so when the book is over, you are not disappointed. The ending to this book leaves you with so much power and strength that these characters can handle everything, it is just a satisfying end to an amazing chapter in their lives.

This book in one of my absolute favorite books that I have ever read. I am so excited for Brightest Kind of Darkness – Lucid to come out, I will be anxiously awaiting to see what happens!!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brightest Kind of Darkness.

01/14/2012
01/15/2012
58.0% "I love Ethan!"
01/16/2012
68.0% "hmmm, what's happening?"
01/16/2012
73.0% "god I love this book!"
show 4 hidden updates…