Lady Raven RAVE!'s Reviews > Sixty-Nine

Read in January, 2012

http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

3.95 star

BRIEF SUMMARY
It is New Years Eve 2008 and best friends Rebe, Magnolia and Darla are out celebrating. Each best friend was born in the year of 1969 and will turn 40 years old in 2009. Looking back at their life, they all made a challenge to themselves for the upcoming year that will alter their lives in 2009.

THOUGHTS

I’m so conflicted with this story. While reading it, at times I said what am I reading, and then at other times I couldn’t help it and continue. The strange part is I read this book in one sitting for a book that I found conflicting to me personally. Following Rebe, Magnolia and Darla was exciting and crazy; when you thought you had them figured out, you’re either shaking your head or rooting for them. The challenge that they gave themselves on New Years Eve/Day was one that will change all their lives. And definitely will give an interesting read.

BREAKDOWN:
Rebe I thought was the innocent one out of all three girls, but she got it in… through out the story physically. I felt she was going through midlife crises to do what she did at her age, I felt she was bi-polar, and she didn’t get mother of the year award from me. But her past surely determined her future and present. I was sort of ok with her ending but it happen how it happens.

Magnolia, I felt her life was a constant repeat of her storyline. She had inner desires but it felt repetitive. She had an ex that wouldn’t leave her alone. However, she did find her happy ending and I was happy for her.

Darla, I felt got the bad end of the stick in this story. Things prevented her from opening up sexually and she kept fantasizing about her dead husband. I know she found it hard to move on, but after 5 years she still didn’t have it together. She also had money issues. But her ending was pleasing, though felt a bit short changed.

Although I seem negative about each character, you put them together and you can’t help but get hook to the story. Sexually, the author delivered, although the title is not a reflection of what’s inside the book. However, Rebe’s first encounter did reflect the title.

Storyline: FAIR
Intimacy: D.R.I.P (Don’t Read In Public) / VERY SPICY
Enjoyment: GOOD

Romance Novel Junkies
Romance readers chat: http://rnjforumchat.romancenoveljunki...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixty-Nine.