Laura's Reviews > The Anderson Tapes

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: books-i-have-listened-to-while-comm
Recommended to Laura by: Melvin Madel
Read from January 08 to 26, 2012, read count: 1

My husband's grandfather sent me a Sanders novel, but I saw that it was part of a series starring this detective Delaney (who doesn't make an appearance until the end) and I hate to go out of order; so I started with this one. The audiobook is read but a full cast of narrators, which was very different for me and a lot of fun.

It's such an interesting, modern epistolary type of book, but I doubt that I'd say anything more than what's already been said, since this it's been around for so long But the way Sanders pieces together the story was compelling and felt fresh, even forty some odd years later. I really liked Duke and his gang of thieves, and I'd love to sit Sanders down (at a table with the other dead writers I'd be hosting for a literary dinner party from beyond) and pick his brain about how he chose to use which surveillance pieces where to come out with the story in the way it ultimately unfolded. I wonder if he saw the entire story first and then cut it up, or started with each bit of "tape" or document. Either way, it was a spectacular way to increase tension and just have a whole lot of fun with narrative. Read it and enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Anderson Tapes.