Michelle Madow's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Jennifer E. Smith
“He’s like a song she can’t get out of her head. Hard as she tries, the melody of their meeting runs through her mind on an endless loop, each time as surprisingly sweet as the last, like a lullaby, like a hymn, and she doesn’t think she could ever get tired of hearing it.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“It's not the changes that will break your heart; it's that tug of familiarity.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“I can't believe you're here," she says, her voice soft. "I can't believe you found me."

"You found me first," he says, and when he leans to kiss her, it's slow and sweet and she knows that this will be the one she always remembers. Because while the other two kisses felt like endings, this one is unquestionably a beginning.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“What are you really studying?"
He leans back to look at her. "The statistical probability of love at first sight."
"Very funny," she says. "What is it really?"
"I'm serious."
"I don't believe you."
He laughs, then lowers his mouth so that it's close to her ear. "People who meet in airports are seventy-two percent more likely too fall for each other than people who meet anywhere else.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“He looks at her and smiles. "You're sort of dangerous, you know?"
She stares at him. "Me?"
"Yeah," he says sitting back. "I'm way too honest with you.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“I like how you're neither here nor there. And how there's nowhere else you're meant to be while waiting. You're just sort of suspended.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“Is it possible not to ever know your type-not to even know you have a type-until quite suddenly you do?”
tags: love

Jennifer E. Smith
“Is it better to have had a good thing and lost it, or never to have had it?”
tags: hurt

Jennifer E. Smith
“She hates the fact that she won't know. It's feels like the last day of school, the final night at summer camp, like everything is coming to an abrupt and dizzying end.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“Because as far as she was concerned, there was no in-between: She wanted all or nothing, illogically, irrationally, even though something inside her knew that nothing would be too hard, and all was impossible.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“Perhaps if there were more time, or if time were more malleable; if she could be both places at once, live parallel lives”
tags: time

Jennifer E. Smith
“Now Hadley presses her forehead against the window of the taxi and once again finds herself smiling at the thought of him. He's like a song she can't get out of her head. Hard as she tries, the melody of their meeting runs through her mind on an endless loop, each time as surprisingly sweet as the last, like a lullaby, like a hymn, and she doesn't think she could ever get tired of hearing it.”

Jennifer E. Smith
“She thinks of the way they stood together near the bathroom, how it seemed like they'd been on the brink of something, of everything, like the whole world was changing as they huddled together in the dark. And now here they are, like two polite strangers, like she'd only ever imagined the rest of it. She wishes they could turn around again and fly back in the other direction, circling the globe backward, chasing the night they left behind.”

07/01/2014 marked as: read

Jenia I want read this. I read part of while at bookstore but didn't have enough. It's addicting.

Brooke Oh, I'm going to start this next week!!!