Auntee's Reviews > Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Apr 19, 2012

bookshelves: e-books, contemporary-romance, 2012_reads, for_my_kindle
Recommended to Auntee by: Viv
Recommended for: Fans of hot contemporary romance
Read from April 08 to 19, 2012

There's already 159(!) reviews of this book, so I doubt that I have anything to add that hasn't already been said. So I'll give just a few impressions...

Kristen Ashley, you're a fabulous writer. Great storyteller. You create sigh-worthy heroes and spunky heroines. I love your dialogue. Your love scenes are smokin' hot, passionate, and convincing. I'm a detail junkie and I love details, and you provide in spades.

However...there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Sweet Dreams is loaded with details, and for the first 250 pages or so, that was fine with me. But (*gasp*) there was a time where I was tempted to skim! Around the time that Laurie and Tate were getting along just fine and you knew they were on the road to everlasting love, the story got a little bogged down in the details (what Laurie was wearing, baking, or buying) and I just wanted the story to move forward. I wanted them to find out who the serial killer was already!

But I didn't skim, and that was because I didn't want to miss anything about Tate. What a studtastic hero! Laurie was one lucky woman...

So other than the excess length of this book, I thought it was wonderful. The plotting, the characters, the nicknames ("Ace" and "Captain"), the love scenes (plenty HAWT, but not so much to bog down the book), even the suspense plot...all first rate. And badass biker, bar owner, bounty hunter, ex-police detective and ex-NFL linebacker Tate, even though he put the "M" in macho, had a temper, sometimes said wildly inappropriate things...I thought he was totally swoonworthy, and I believed 100% in his devotion to Laurie.

Tate….
joe-manganiello-435

Oh yes...speaking of the characters...(view spoiler)
But a minor annoyance and not enough to ruin the book for me.

Laurie and Tate...
joe3

To sum up, my third Kristen Ashley book was another winner and Tate and Laurie have to be my favorite characters so far. If you like a long, juicy story with plenty of heat and details, like badass heroes with a tender side, and love your heroines to get the HEA they deserve, then this is the book for you. So it was a little long...who cares? KA still kept me reading and hanging on her every word. 4 1/2 stars

*Thanks to Shawna for the perfect (for me) image of Tate...
39 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Dreams.

04/11
26.0% "Tate...*sigh*" 9 comments
04/16
76.0% "This book is great but it's just too long..." 3 comments
04/17
91.0% "Will this book ever end? I mean, what else can possibly happen...except finding that serial rapist already?" 1 comment
04/19
100.0% "Tate Tate...TATE!
Loved it, even if it was too long." 7 comments
06/23 marked as: read

Sunny Auntee, you are going to LOVE this one!

Auntee Just started it today and so far, so good.:)

Marisol Mmm Tate! This is by far one of my favorite KA books.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Oh. My. God. LOL I hope you'll love it, Auntee! Go woman!!!

Sunny I know....Tate. ultra swoonworthy.

Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ Loved this book too!! Lady Luck is reallllly good, my fav of the series (so far).

message 7: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. I'm going to try and find this tonight! Nice review.

Kristen Wonderful review! That is a great Tate!

message 9: by Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ (last edited Apr 19, 2012 07:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ OMG!!! PERFECT Tate & Lauren!!! You HAVE to post these photos on KA's "Casting Couch" in the KA Support Group!! Best pictures I have seen of T&L, awesome review!

KatLynne Wonderful review and loved your pics (as always). This is one of my fav KA books Auntee. Loved me some Tate!:)

Shawna Great review, Auntee! Another Tate fan joins the club! And Nice pics! I think Stephanie (and some others) casted Joe Manganiello, too. He definitely fits Tate to perfection!

Mareli This one, you should count the times I read it on my ereader! So far it's m favourite one, followed (very close) by At Peace.

Guess what I'm re-reading again? LOL

P.S. As usual, great review!
"...*Thanks to Shawna for the perfect (for me) image of Tate..."

Thanks from the bottom of my heart, too! LOL, he's SMOKING HOT!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Hey, the woman is wearing my g-star leather jacket!! LOL Well, I gave it to my sister last year but it's a nice reminder. :-)
Great review and beautiful pics! And I just saw there are 1013!! ratings for Sweet Dreams. Holy cow--how time flies!

Auntee Thanks Ladies!!!!:)

Baba, really? She stole your jacket?:D LOL!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Auntee wrote: "Thanks Ladies!!!!:)

Baba, really? She stole your jacket?:D LOL!"

LOL I didn't know she stole it, though! :-)

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book Oh how I hated Tate in the beginning with him calling her fat and what not...then he grew on me but he's still an ass! Have ya read Lady Luck?

message 17: by Auntee (last edited Apr 21, 2012 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Auntee I hated that "Old, fat..." comment too, and wondered how I was going to like him too! But of course he grew on me, but he wasn't perfect, for sure. I've found that KA's heroes (in the books I've read so far) have a less than respectful attitude toward woman they don't like...

Have not read Lady Luck but I know I'll get to it sooner or later!

Sunny Auntee wrote: "I hated that "Old, fat..." comment too, and wondered how I was going to like him too! But of course he grew on me, but he wasn't perfect, for sure. I've found that KA's heroes (in the books I've ..."

You're right. I don't like that those comments are rather mean-spririted. I do like it when Lauren calls him on the carpet about the consequences of his off-handed remark. Words have power.

Stephanie OMG - that is soooo the pic of Tate I had in my head!! LOL

Auntee I thought he was a good match for Tate...:)

Stephanie Gonna have to subscribe to HBO to watch True Blood, get a Tate fix, lol!

Auntee :)

Christy Blevins I am re-reading right now because I missed Tate. :)

Karen OMG they are awesome as Tate and Laurie. That's my favorite KA book. I've read it about 10 times :)

Auntee :)!

Karen This is one of my favourite books. Sigh.

I've reread it several times and it always gives me feelings of protective all encompassing love.

Mareli I'm currently reading KA's series Fantasyland, I'm not into paranormal, but I cannot resist to KA ;)

If you haven't read it, yet, go get it immediately! lol

Karen Mareli wrote: "I'm currently reading KA's series Fantasyland, I'm not into paranormal, but I cannot resist to KA ;)

If you haven't read it, yet, go get it immediately! lol"

message 29: by Mareli (last edited Feb 09, 2014 10:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mareli Karen wrote:Hey there, I've read all KA book except the Fantasyland series for the same reason as you but I'm so tempted to read them. Did you like them?

Immensely :)

I'm at the end of the 4th and I'm sad because this series is almost finished :(

Mareli I'm getting old. Good thing GR remembers things for me ;)

BTW reading those reviews made me want to read KA again :)