lia's Reviews > The Serpent Prince

The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt

Jan 14, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in January, 2012

Elizabeth Hoyt is officially one of my favorite author in romance genre.
Her one true thing that make her shine for me is her characters. They are unusually rich and not one dimensional like many other romance books.

The third book in the prince series "The Serpent Prince" took me by surprise. The first time i read this few years back, i actually find nothing special with it. unlike the other two books in the series.

But because i already reread the first and the second, so i guess i just have to read the third one. And i'm glad i did. I don't know what got into me the last time, but this book can hold on its own against "The Raven Prince" and "The Leopard Prince".

At first, Simon Iddlesleigh is just one of those rake that you read so much in romance book. But it turns out he is something more, we don't even see his rakishness throughout the book. What we see is character development from chapter one till the end that endears Simon to us.

While Lucy is Simon's angel. In his eyes she is everything that is good and pure. And EH can make her character as a strong, serene and quite heroine without making her a holier than thou or makes us want to bludgeon her with an ax like sometimes i want to do to many heroine in romance books.

The story begins with Lucy finding near to death door Simon in her small village and nurse him back to health. During those times both have the opportunity to know each other and to feel that they both need each other. But Simon is hell bent on avenging his older brother's death and every kills that he made make him lose a piece of his soul. Which make him feel that he is unworthy of Lucy.

The rest of the story follows how Simon finally succumbed to his need of Lucy and marry her without letting go his revenge plot. Every character get their fair share in this book, with one particular important character, Christian Fletcher.

This book ends the Prince series nicely.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Serpent Prince.