Heidi's Reviews > His Lady Mistress

His Lady Mistress by Elizabeth Rolls

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: aus-women-list, e-book, fiction, fiction-historical, trashy-trashy-romance, aus-women-2012
Read from January 13 to 15, 2012

I started reading this because it was on my Kobo (it was on my Kobo because it was free) and because I didn't feel like reading anything I had on the go at the time.

But when I opened the book and reached the bio, it turned out to have been written by an author who has lived in Australia long enough that I'm counting her for the AWW challenge.

To review the book itself - look, it's a romance. There's a reason I have a "trashy trashy romance" shelf on GR: every so often I read a lot of romance. (See last year's list of books read.) It's a Regency romance, and it's not a Stephanie Laurens. But I enjoyed it. Sure, I wanted to bash the hero and heroine's heads together at times, because geeze, were they being dense! If they'd just *spoken* to each other, the book would have been half the size at most.

When I read books like this, I don't read them critically. I read them for the adventure, for the jaunt. I read them for the fun of it - for the froth and joy of the ball at Netherfield in the 1996 P&P. And while it wasn't at the level of a Laurens for me, it was a lovely, engaging read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Lady Mistress.

01/14/2012