๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ 's Reviews > Unravel Me

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Jun 30, 12

Read on October 01, 2013

NOVEMEBER?!?! D: Whyyyyyyyy :'( That's waaay too long.

Edit (30-June-12): There better not be a love triangle. Why the freak would Juliette fall in love with WARNER?! Just cuz he's hot (I actually missed that part, but apparently he is hot) doesn't mean you fall in love with him!
And Kenji is really nice, BUT THERE CAN'T BE A LOVE TRIANGLE/SQUARE WITH HIM IN IT!! Sheesh people, not every single guy in the book has to be part of these love circles.

Edit (31-Oct-13) AFTER READING:
Wow. Just w.o.w. Did you read my above paragraph dated 30th June 2012?
Well, I have a teeny weeny confession to make. I kinda sorta am starting to really like Warner.
*flinches* WHOA, not so loud! I know you told me so, ok? No need to be that way.
And I seriously don't like Adam. Never liked him too much, but now he's just a mopey clingy over protective annoying mess that's getting in the way of the story. Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy. He's just not that lovable guy who makes you wish you could be with him forever.
As for Kenji. Still a fantabulous, funny guy. But absolutely 100% not fit to be in this particular relationship. Not for Juliette. So I senseirly hope that his little cafe show and his wonderful care of Juliette is just him being a fantabulous guy. Because if he joins the love circle, I swear I'm gonna be so pissed.

Juliette herself needs to stop being a mopey wuss before I decide I was wrong and she's the picture perfect match for Adam Kent. She has so much potential. Book 1 I was completely fine with her being that way given the conditions, but now she needs to toughen up. She's in the middle of a war, and by middle, I mean smack-bang in the center, with arrows pointing her way.

Over all though, the book was fantastic, and I must say once again how much I truly adore Ms Mafi's writing style. All books have that point that you won't remember because it was insignificant and small, and maybe even boring. But no, unravel me, the very air Juliette breathes is made interesting because of the way Mafi writes it.

If there's one thing I can solidly say I hate though, it's the insanely annoying way Juliette is STILL going on about the blueness of Adam's eyes. To top it up, I've never even liked blue eyes!

I can never say I'm dying to read a book anymore - that phase died - but I am pretty excited. I mean the cover is gorgeous, and I do so love green & gold. And the name? Ignite Me? Does anything really need to be said?
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unravel Me.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

That totally sucks!! Unfair!

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Ikr? :( 3 months longer wait that it was supposed to be.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm pretty sure there will be a love triangle.... With Juliette, Adam (I call him Kent instead) and Warner.

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ I refuse to believe she's love that psycho.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Strange things happen... I think no matter what kent will still be her guy.

message 6: by ๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ (last edited Jul 16, 2012 02:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Yeah I definitely think she'll end up choosing Kent, but.. I'm just getting sooo sick of love triangles, I'd like to think this awesome series will stay awesome. Also like to think Juliette is not that crazy. I get a feeling she'll start feeling sorry for Warner, but love him? Nu-uh.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Feeling sorry for him is a better way to go with this series. I'm geting tired of love triangles too! Like Everytime I start a book and a love situation comes along, I'm like "ohh come on, pleaaaase don't do this. Don't start" you know the feeling that goes with it?

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Yes, I do :/ Love triangles got old a long time ago.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! And it's get annoying when the mc can't decide.

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Ugh ikr. If she can't choose then she doesn't love either one enough and she shouldn't be with them.
What's even more annoying is when she kisses them both while she's still 'choosing'.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Omg I know!! I was gonna say the same about her not loving them enough she doesn't need to be with either one.
And like what you said. She kisses one and then sometime later she kisses the other one. I hate how she would lead them on, then end up hurting them. It's saddening really.

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Yeah, it is.. I seriously don't know why so many books have to have LT's

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess it's to keep people reading, like you'd want to finish the books so that you know who gets who.

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Doesn't make me like it any more.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Damn I was afraid of that. Let's both desperately hope there isn't a LT.

message 16: by ๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ (last edited Sep 05, 2012 06:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Yes, lets.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ WARNER has!! come on.. TEAM WARNER!!! but what does kenji has to do with juliette.. nope a love triangle is confusing enough.. THANK YOU!! and it was so obvious it would be a love triangle the moment warner touched juliette's leg and nothing happened to him..

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ wrote: "Doesn't make me like it any more.
I hear there might be a LT for BRR >:/ Melkin & Jack. I don't think so, but then it might be me just desperately hoping."

Who the heck is melkin?!???

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑ Lol oopps. Not Melkin. I mean De Malo. :P

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! Ok. Where did you get Melkin from anyway?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, go to your Birthmarked review.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

When will you read this??