Dee's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Aug 23, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, ya-contemporary
Read on January 14, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.

Quotes Dee Liked

Tabitha Suzuma
“At the end of the day it's about how much you can bear, how much you can endure. Being together, we harm nobody; being apart, we extinguish ourselves.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“There are no laws, no boundaries on feelings.We can love each other as much and as deeply as we want.No one, Maya, no one can ever take that away from us.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“It's horrible being ashamed of someone you care about; it eats away at you. And if you let it get to you, if you give up the fight and surrender, eventually that shame turns to hate.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“He is my soul mate, my fresh air, the reason I look forward to getting up every morning.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“It's always nice being wanted. Even if it's by the wrong person.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“Time has stopped; time is racing. Lochie's lips are rough yet smooth, hard yet gentle. His fingers are strong: I feel them in my hair and on my neck and down my arms and against my back. And I never want him to let me go.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can't be you?”

Tabitha Suzuma
“But I don't want to be fine, not if it means she's going to let go of my hand; not if it means we're going to go back to being polite strangers.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“At what point do you give up - decide enough is enough? There is only one answer really. Never.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“You've always been my best friend, my soul mate, and now I've fallen in love with you too. Why is that such a crime?”
tags: maya

Tabitha Suzuma
“He shakes his head with a slow smile. You'd better be right. If the phone rings, I'm unpluggining it, I swear to God-“
You'd do that to your five-year-old sister?“ I gasp in mock outrage.
For one whole night alone? Jesus, Maya, I'd sell her to the gypsies!”

Tabitha Suzuma
“I might appear confident and chatty, but I spend most of my time laughing at jokes I don't find funny, saying things I don't really mean - because at the end of the day that's what we're all trying to do: fit in, one way or another, desperately trying to pretend we're all the same.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“How-how can we make it against the whole world?”
tags: love

Tabitha Suzuma
“This is the definition of happiness: a whole day stretching out ahead of me, beautiful in its emptiness and simplicity.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“We can love each other.' I swallow hard to ease the constriction in my throat. 'There are no laws, no bundaries on feelings. We can love each other as much and as deeply as we want. No one, Maya, no one can never take that away from us.”

Tabitha Suzuma
“At what point does a fly give up trying to escape through a closed window–do its survival instincts keep it going until it is physicaly capable of no more,or does it eventualy learn after one crash too many that there is no way out?
At what point do you decide that enough is enough?”