Celina's Reviews > Ransom My Heart

Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot

Jan 13, 12

I chose the book Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot because I enjoy longer books and I have always loved Meg Cabot's books. The book was about how a young woman named Finnula Crais, an esteemed huntress, is forced to kidnap a man and hold him hostage to help pay off her sister's dowry. Finnula, or Finn, ends up kidnapping a man who is lying about his identity and attempting to keep his crush on Finnula hidden. My favorite quote in the book was, "Try that again, sir, and you'll be sucking down that cup from a hole in your neck." This was my favorite quote because I feel like it really shows Finnula's personality and how quickly she loses her temper. I found Meg's writing style interesting in that she occasionally switched off into Sir Hugo's point of view and how her choice of wording and language was appropriate to the setting of the story. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Ready or Not and The Princess Diaries because this book is very similar to those two but it is also for more mature readers.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ransom My Heart.