Amy's Reviews > Midnight Alley

Jan 31, 12

bookshelves: third-times-a-charm
Read from January 13 to 30, 2012

For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

After the disaster that was Heat Rises, this book came as a welcome relief. Honestly, this series is like tomato juice, I just lap it up. The story in Midnight Alley was wonderful, suspenseful, and full of character/relationship drama. Even though it's only the third book, I'm always happy to return to the world of Morganville. The story kept me invested, I had to know what was going on, and I was shocked by the twists. Plus that cliffhanger ending, dang Ms. Caine, you really know how to rope a girl in :) Case in point, this story, and the series, rock.

Not much to say about Claire and the members of the Glass House, except even more character growth and development happen, tension between them was palpable, and I just love reading their relationships. Shane and Claire are quickly becoming one of my favorite literary couples. You can really see how much they care for each other, how much they love one another. The same goes for Eve and Michael, who had some excellent growth most of all, and the tension between him and Shane was kind of fun to read. New characters enter the scene and fit in excellently, such as one important new character who I loved. All of my favorite characters came back, even the ones I hated were good.

I can't say much about the writing style, other than it's consistently great. I adore Ms. Caine's style, and how she keeps expanding this world, adding new and interesting pieces of information that are purely fascinating. I can't wait to dive into the fourth book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Alley.