Indiana's Reviews > A Wallflower Christmas

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas

Jan 13, 12

bookshelves: 2008, victorian-england, romance, historical
Read in December, 2008

Enjoyed it with reservations. At enough points during this very short novel I was able to loose myself and just enjoy the story. However, there were several points where I grimaced or winced or wanted to look the other way. Basically it is a pleasant short romance set amidst a festive Christmastime in Victorian England with chances to visit with the heroes and heroines from Kleypas's Wallflower series as well as meet a few new ones. The bad? Seeing one of her prior Wallflower heroines suspect her husband is having an affair and doubting him after two years of marriage. Realistic? Yes. BUT WHO THE HELL WANTS REALISM IN A FANTASY CHRISTMAS ROMANCE?!?! Especially with a hero and heroine that we last saw riding off into the sunset with And they lived happily ever after trailing behind them. And especially when set in a romance featuring the most unlikely to really ever meet and fall in love pairing in real life I've encountered in a while. But I liked the hero. I liked the heroine. [Even if I didn't like them together.] And I liked all the festive Christmas atmosphere. I'm going to keep it...for now...and do a whole Wallflower series re-read and then make a decision on the whole series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wallflower Christmas.