Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)'s Reviews > Summer Wishes

Summer Wishes by Kailin Gow

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: favorites, reviewed
Read from January 13 to 14, 2012

Jocelyn and Matthew love each other but are nervous about what will happen when they turn 18. When they do, they will receive Life Plans that will tell them what their future is going to be. They are worried that it might not include each other. They are both from the Ruby District and believe no one from there gets a good Life Plan. Jocelyn has seen firsthand what can happen when a couple’s Life Plan doesn’t include one another in it. Her brother experienced this with his girlfriend, Melanie, except both of them ignored their Life Plans and got banished.

Well now they have returned since Jocelyn is about to turn 18. She’ll have to make the same decision. Does she follow her heart or will she follow her Life Plan that might direct her away from Matthew’s arms forever?
Kailin Gow has a knack at writing stories that rip out my heart and sew it back up again only to have it ripped out again. I loved this novella, and it broke my heart to hear about what happened to Jacob and Melanie. I can’t wait to see how this story plays out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Wishes.