Becky's Reviews > Phantom

Phantom by L.J. Smith

F_50x66
Jan 13, 12

Read in January, 2012

I always thought ghostwriters were there to copy the style of the original writer, to write the book in the original writer's style so the reader wouldn't notice the difference. This, however, wasn't the case at all. I felt like though the names were still on the paper, some of our beloved characters were all gone... this book, in my opinion, certainly cannot be compared to the other "The Vampire Diaries" books and shouldn't exactly be read as a continuation of said series.
That being said, the book itself was "okay" - I wanted to know how Mystic Falls' journey would go on, what would happen after the (especially to me ;p) tragic loss at the end of the last book. I wanted to see how things would turn out, so I decided to give it a shot though I had already known that L.J. Smith would no longer be the author. And although I can't give this book more than 2/5, I will still read the next one, just to see if there's more things for me to disagree on, of it I might even start to like it in its own little glory, disregarding the actual series of books. Who knows... but I wouldn't exactly recommend this book to fans of the previous books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phantom.