Linda's Reviews > Simon Says: A True Story of Boys and Murder in the Rocky Mountain West

Simon Says by Kathryn Eastburn

Jul 02, 08

A compelling read! Since the crime was committed close to home and the author is a woman that I read religiously in the alternative paper here in Colorado Springs, I was riveted to the pages. Kathryn Eastburn is a smart cookie and is able to assimilate all of the gory facts of this crime without exposing us to any more than a heart wrenching impact the whole thing had on many lives. Her tapestry of other lives and events during the long trials and hearings and legal goings on gives the story a place in history and U.S. violence. She also depicts the seasons on the long drives she had to make in all weather to the courthouse in Fairplay, Colorado from her home in Colorado Springs. Her descriptions of the Platte and the snow and the trees and the brown or green fields are just what I have seenwhen I have driven in that area. It was startling to me to see people that I actually know mentioned in the courthouse scenes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simon Says.