Melody's Reviews > Stories I Only Tell My Friends

Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe

Jan 13, 12

Read in December, 2012

I'm a fan but of his more recent work, West Wing, Brothers and Sisters and Park’s and Rec. I loved him in the SNL movies as well...but didn’t' know that much about anything that came before that other than he was a member of the brat pack. In saying that I picked this up thinking that it would be more along the lines of Chapter 1, where he talks about his run ins with JFK Jr., but alas it was more about how he started, The Outsiders, and then a quick history of everything afterwards.

I found it interesting but was so looking forward to more of his 'stories' and not about his rise to somewhat fame. And by the end I was somewhat annoyed that he went on for so many chapters about one movie and then summarized the roles I like him best in fewer than 10 pages. At one point at the end he talks about how he would need to write another book to go into detail about that time of his life...urgh... disappointed.

So for me, very well written, loved the cameos of the stars he did mention but wanted more of the later part of his life and less of the middle 'Outsider' part.

If you're a fan of early Rob Lowe I think that you'll enjoy this a bit more than I did...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stories I Only Tell My Friends.