Sarah's Reviews > Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

F 50x66
Jan 13, 12

How would you feel if you were the third child born in your family? And you are not allowed to be alive because of some stupid law that was made. Well that is what happens in the book Among The Hidden. A boy name Luke was born as a third child, and he had to keep hidden all his life. He could never go outside, play baseball, or hang out with friends. He was never able to be a normal kid. His life was pretty much hiding all the time. Until he found another third child.
Once Luke starts to sneak out to go see the other third child things start to go down hill. Jen (the other third child) talks about protesting against the government and the population police. Luke then is faced with either go with Jen’s idea and go against the population police and the government or just forget about the whole thing.
Later on in the book it gets harder for Luke to sneak out and more dangerous. People start to get suspicious and Jen’s father has to step in and help Luke and Jen. Something bad happens later on in the book that will make Jen be remembered among the third children forever.
Margaret Haddix did a very good job of putting as much detail as she could into this book. I myself enjoyed this suspenseful and mysterious book. The way Margaret Haddix writes will make you think about everything that goes on in the book. You will never want to put this book down. I know I didn’t want to.
Readers who enjoyed this book will surely enjoy the rest of the series by Margaret Peterson Haddix.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Hidden.