Ella's Reviews > The Key of Kilenya

The Key of Kilenya by Andrea Pearson

F_50x66
Jan 13, 12

Read from January 01 to August 31, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

It took me less than two days to read this book. I started it in the morning and read all day, then into the night. It completely enthralled me, and this is even the second time I've read it, the first being online, a couple months ago.

From the first page, this book drew me into it and kept me in Eklaron with the main character, Jacob. The action just kept coming, sending new twists and challenges that had to be faced. If Jacob wasn't dealing with one thing, he was trying to escape from something else.

When explaining the book to my sister, I said it was a classic fantasy adventure; a seemingly normal boy with a fairly normal life gets pulled into some different place and goes on a quest that changes a lot of things. However, this is far more than that. The challenges that the main character, Jacob, faces are original. The creatures he has to live among and fight against are new, fresh, and creative compared to other similar novels I've read. There aren't orcs, vampires, or elves. Instead, there are Makalos, Molgs, and Eetus.

Beyond the plot and the creative new creatures, the characters themselves were lovable. Throughout the book, new characters were being introduced, and all of them had a distinct personality that made them memorable.

All in all, this book was one I was glad to add to my bookshelf, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Key of Kilenya.