Krisette Spangler's Reviews > Girls on the Edge: The Four Factors Driving the New Crisis for Girls�Sexual Identity, the Cyberbubble, Obsessions, Environmental Toxins

Girls on the Edge by Leonard Sax

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read from January 13 to February 05, 2012

Girls on the Edge is an excellent read, and I highly recommend it for all parents of daughters. Dr. Sax calls our attention to many of the challenges that our girls are facing in this generation. He gives practical advice on how to help your daughter through these challenging years. My favorite quote from this book is:

"Parents have to be willing to assert their authority. Parents have to be willing to overrule their daughter's decision regarding what she is wearing to school...You have to be willing to be the evil witch."

I loved this quote, because it reminds us as parents that we know what's better for our children than they do. We have to be willing to take a stand to prevent them from doing things that might have repercussions they don't understand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girls on the Edge.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Terry Uh oh. This looks heavy.

Krisette Spangler Have you read his other books? He's not LDS, but he seems to be right on the money with some of the things that are happening to our youth. I really recommend reading 'Why Gender Matters' and 'Boys Adrift'. I was excited to see that he'd finally written one about girls. My copy should be here in a few days.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Terry I really liked Boys Adrift. I'll have to look for this one. Christmas was great. How about you?

Krisette Spangler It was fun. We had Ashlee home from college, and we had a good time together.

Tina I'm reading Boys Adrift right now. I'll have to check this one out next!