Chris's Reviews > Before Leonora Wakes

Before Leonora Wakes by Lee  Thompson

Feb 20, 12

bookshelves: horror, 2012-reads
Read from February 03 to 04, 2012

It is always a pleasure to read the first book in a series and realize that you have a whole group of books to look forward to. That is how I felt when I finished Before Lenora Wakes. Great characterization and a compelling plot highlight this introduction to a dark world where nothing is as it seems. Where monstrous exteriors do not speak to the true character and seeming innocence and helplessness belies a powerful malevolence. And it is going to get darker from here. In the last year I have discovered several great writers whose work I enjoy in the realm of dark fiction and now I can add Lee Thompson to that list.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before Leonora Wakes.

message 1: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Thompson Hey, thanks, Chris! Glad you enjoyed Before Leonora Wakes!

Chris I need to knock out a review when I get a moment. The next two books in this series are not available yet so should I just move on to FT4DC?

message 3: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Thompson Thanks, Chris. And yeah, it doesn't hurt to skip forward to NR4DC for now (and there's not really a choice until I sell the second and third Red Piccirilli books). Here's a rundown of the books in the Division mythos in order:

I appreciate the buy, read and review, man!

Chris Nursery rhymes, not fairy tales. Well, I was close.. I get busy at work and my thoughts get scattered. I saw the quote from Brian Keene about NR4DC. Very cool. In fact I only hear good things about all of your books. Since Before Lenora Wakes is a YA novel, I am curious to see what you write like with the gloves off.

message 5: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Thompson Thanks, man. I'm very proud of that novel. It's in production now as an audio book, too.

My work is a lot darker with the gloves off. Lol.

Hope you dig NR4DC. Look forward to it!

Chris Lee wrote: "Thanks, man. I'm very proud of that novel. It's in production now as an audio book, too.

My work is a lot darker with the gloves off. Lol.

Hope you dig NR4DC. Look forward to it!"

Sorry it took so long to post the review but I finally got around to it!

message 7: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Thompson Great review, Chris. Thanks for taking the time to read it and share your thoughts!

Chris My pleasure, Lee. Kobo is running a great special (10 days, one discounted book a day) so I am stocking up on books from my "to-read" list. I am going to get the rest of your books and put them in line to read. Will I need therapy after that?

message 9: by Charlene (last edited Feb 22, 2012 01:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlene I didn't realize that Before Leonora wakes was first, dammit!
So I started with what is actually #8? LOL
No wonder I was a little confused. Not that confusion is all that rare for me.
Thanks for the review Chris. I like this guy too, but I think I will have a better understanding if I start at the beginning!

Chris I am going to pick up the rest for sure.

message 11: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Thompson Lol. Don't sweat it, Charlene. :P And thanks, both of you. Chris, you might need therapy afterwards. By the time its all said and done you'll go down some dark roads.