Lori's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

May 03, 2012

Read from March 05 to May 03, 2012

I liked Lothaire's story, a lot. The introduction of the race, the Daci was a great new turn in the IAD world. I loved that we got to explore Nix and Lothaire's past. Nix is my favorite IAD character. It was great to see how her story and the enemy of old's was so intertwined.

I liked the heroine, Ellie (Elizabeth) a lot. She was way too good for Lothaire in my opinion, and the reason I give the book 4 stars instead of 5 is because of this. There is a place for pushy men in a romance story, but it is most satisfying to see a woman push that man back into his place. This happened, to an extent, but Lothaire didn't grovel enough for me.

The interaction between the characters in the bedroom was steamy hot. I liked it, and didn't. On the one hand I felt like it was one line short of rape for Ellie because Lothaire was holding her hostage and telling her he was going to kill her. That made me find it more than a little distasteful at times. I never could shake the disgust feeling whenever she cheapened herself to win him over.

Overall, I enjoyed the story. I think it is a good addition to the IAD series, which has one of my favorite worlds of any series I read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.