Kathrina's Reviews > Ashen Winter

Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin

Jan 13, 2012

bookshelves: american-fiction, books-i-read-with-my-kids, iowa
Read in January, 2012

Ach, I didn't realize this book was in the database already. My god, you guys are in for a treat! Better review to come, but seriously, watch the bookstores for this one -- you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashen Winter.

message 1: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Mullin The ARC will be better than the version you read. I'm making lots of improvements based on feedback from you, Karen, Carol Oates and other readers. And Tanglewood is doing their usual bang-up job editing. You're already on the ARC list, you should get one automatically when they're printed.

Gina (My Precious Blog) I just finished up Ashfall, it was a great story. I'm very much looking forward to reading more!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm very excited for what's coming too! If it's as good as the first one, can't wait.

Erin Is this going to be a 2-book set or 3? I'm currently reading and thought it was a stand-alone, so I'm excited to see there's a sequel!!

Gina (My Precious Blog) I heard from reading the author's website that this one was a planned trilogy.

message 6: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Mullin Yes, that's right, I planned ASHFALL as a trilogy from the beginning. Tanglewood Press bought the final book last Saturday. Now I just have to write it....

Bonnie Book 1 was amazing, I find it hard to believe that the 2nd could be even better. I'm so excited to be able to read this one! :D

message 8: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Mullin If you want an early ARC, I'm auctioning one for charity here: http://jakarr.blogspot.com/2012/03/mi...

Erin Mike wrote: "Yes, that's right, I planned ASHFALL as a trilogy from the beginning. Tanglewood Press bought the final book last Saturday. Now I just have to write it...."

Awesome, congrats!! Can't wait to read the rest of this series, it's an amazing story!