Jessica's Reviews > Where We Belong

Jan 12, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: not-impressed
Read from September 14 to 26, 2012

Sooo not impressed with Emily Giffin lately at all! This book and her last one have not been as entertaining as her first few books. As always, I enjoy how there is some tie in to a previous book (the couple in Baby Proof make an appearance). This is probably the best part of her books now.

I did not like the two different POV’s of Marian and Kirby. I understand why it was done, but I didn’t like it. I also found it hard to identify with either Marian or Kirby. They were both pretty unlikeable characters.

Too much time is spent on the middle of the book where every mundane detail of Marian and Kirby’s lives are discussed and worried about. When they finally meet Conrad, which is the best part of the book, it only lasts for a few chapters. Then, there is the whole matter of Marian and Conrad by itself. I really did not like, nor did I agree with the ending. I understand having it open ended, and allowing the reader to decide for themselves what happens, but I don’t think that’s what this was. I don’t have any faith that (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where We Belong.

09/19/2012 page 214
57.0% "Still trying to decide if like the different POVs..."
09/21/2012 page 372
100.0% "There are lots of things I didn't like about this, but I still wanna give it 3 stars...don't know why..."