Dirk Grobbelaar's Reviews > The Flying Sorcerers

The Flying Sorcerers by David Gerrold
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flying Sorcerers.

message 1: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Danger! Puns Ahead! I should probably reread this one, since I'm pretty sure I missed quite a few of the puns through not knowing enough about the players.

I liked the basic conceit, as well. I hadn't considered the visual effects on a world with one red and one blue sun before.

message 2: by Dirk (new) - added it

Dirk Grobbelaar I'm struggling to get hold of this - it's out of print. I ordered a copy on Ebay now, from a seller that doesn't usually ship to South Africa. I'm hoping it'll work out.

message 3: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Usually the best way to get out-of-print books is to haunt library book sales. But there's a catch: my uncle's brother once tried for years to get a particular book put into the library's booksale. He figured that, since he was the only one to check it out, they should put it in the sale. But they didn't..._because_ he kept checking it out.

If you do find a copy, best snap it up. I once found a copy of Amelia Earhart's journals from her last journey (she apparently radioed them to a secretary every day). Unfortunately, I set it down for a minute ...and never was able to find it again.