Book Whales 's Reviews > Damage

Damage by Anya Parrish

Jan 13, 2012

Originally posted @ Book Whales

Your imaginary friend turned Nightmare…

Damage was told in two POV’s. Dani and Jesse’s. Both of them were just ordinary teenagers. Wait, scratch that. They wanted to believe that they’re normal, well at least they were a few years after endless haunting of their imaginary friends when they were still kids, and the worst part was no one believed them. As they grew older, they thought that they’ve already moved on from their scary, non-existent friends, but they’re wrong.

After a bus accident, their worst childhood nightmares has come back from their deep slumber, now stronger and more determined to kill them. With both Dani and Jesse the only ones who can see them, they must help each other if they want to live.

Anya Parrish’s debut novel was creepy, fast-paced, action-packed and romantic that I easily finished the whole book in one sitting. I continued reading, even though it was already late at night because I can't sleep without finishing the whole book.

Rachel, Dani’s homicidal imaginary friend is my favorite character in the novel. Yep, she’s creepy and all, but I really love her and I always get excited whenever she appears. Rachel’s a stubborn and a rather destructive little girl who loves to wreak havoc and kill.

The ending was a cliffhanger and I really feel bad that there’s no next book. Boohoo! I want more Rachel! I really hope Parrish decides to make this a series.

Rating:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Damage.