Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)'s Reviews > The Ghost and the Goth

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: quarterly-challenge-5, favorites
Read from March 09 to 12, 2012

LOVED THIS BOOK!! I started reading this book and could not stop. It was so darn cute!!

Alona Dare, ruler of popular crowd, has just been hit by a bus! After materializing as a ghost and going unseen to her own funeral, she realizes that Will Killian is the only person that CAN see her. The only problem with that is, Will is a social leper and completely unwilling to help her anyway. Will just wants to make it through his senior year so he can escape all the ghosts that he's able to see and hear. Alona though can be very persuading (Da, she was miss popular), and the two start to form an arrangement and maybe even a friendship??

I seriously just loved the whole idea of this book. It was so inventive! I loved the alternating viewpoint chapters, it's really cool to see 2 both versions of the story. It was so well-written it made me forget I was even reading, I just got immersed in the story. I am so happy this is a series, and can't wait to get the next book!!!
PS- Isn't the cover adorable??

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Goth.